About Consumers Association of Bangladesh
Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB)
Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB), a non-government, non-political, non-profitable and voluntary consumer organization (civil society organization) was founded in February 1978 at the initiation of some dedicated residents in Dhaka who were imbued with the ideas of consumerism, a movement that already took shape in many advanced countries in Europe and America. Primarily started as a social group to protect consumers from commodity adulteration and artificial price-hike it has gradually widened its scope to establish and safeguard consumers’ rights and interests in social, economic, health and environmental issues.
Mission of CAB
To make people aware of their rights and responsibilities as consumers and motivate them to be active and vocal against violation of those rights.
Vision of CAB
Rights of consumers are established and ensured.
- Be Consumer Driven with due regard to the concept of market development and sustainable consumption.
- Uphold fairness and justice.
- Maintain openness (transparency) in activities to public and accountability to all members.
- Be Independent and unsusceptible to undue influence.
- Be proactive, constructive and persevering.
- Protect the privacy of personal data.